Alternative Missouri Vehicle Registrations
Want to register a different form of transportation in Missouri? You know, vehicles like a motorcycle, boat, ATV, off-road vehicles, and the like? If so, you’ve found the perfect guide!
The registration of these vehicle types is quite the same as a car or truck registration.
- Get and sign the vehicle title
- Present personal and vehicle documents
- Pay the registration & titling fees and taxes
The nuances of each registration are where many get tripped up but a lot of this goes away by following this guide and directing your questions to your local DMV. So, without delay, let’s get into how to register the different types of vehicles in Missouri.
How to Register a Motorcycle in Missouri
You will register a motorcycle with the Department of Revenue (DOR) by doing the following:
- Provide proof of ownership
- Submit an Application for Missouri Title and License (DOR-108 form)
- Provide a current safety inspection (within the last 60 days)
- Provide an Odometer Disclosure Statement (if 10 years and older or not available on the title)
- Provide a notarized lien release if applicable
- Show proof of Missouri motorcycle insurance
- Pay the fees:
- Registration for 2 wheels: $8.75 (1 year) or $17.50 (2 years)
- Registration for 3 wheels: $10.25 (1 year) or $20.50 (2 years)
- Title: $11
- Transfer: $2
- Sales Tax: 4.225% plus local taxes
- Processing fees: $3.50 (1 year) or $7 (2 years)
And there you have it – you now have a motorcycle registered in Missouri.
How to Register a Boat in Missouri
To register and title watercraft in Missouri you will:
- Submit an Application for Missouri Boat/Vessel or Outboard Motor Registration and Title (Form 93)
- Submit ownership documents:
- Option #1: Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin
- Option #2: Certificate of Title
- Provide any extra documents (like):
- Application for title certified by a licensed Missouri boat dealer
- Bill of Sale
- Boat inspection certificate
- Provide your personal details
- Pay the registration fees
You can refer to the Section 8 guide for a detailed account for different boat registration types.
How to Register Other Vehicle Types in Missouri
ATV registration is common in the state of Missouri. This process involves submitting the title, an Application for Missouri Title and License, and then paying the required fees.
Snowmobiles? You do not need to register them.
As for other items like trailers:
- Follow the vehicle registration process
- Pay the required fees and processing fees
This goes almost the same if you have recreational vehicles.
In all, alternative vehicle types in Missouri either fall under what you’d do with a car registration application or they may not need them at all! Talk with your local DOR office agent if you have questions regarding specialty vehicles.