Other Connecticut Registrations: Motorcycles, ATV, and More

Distracted Driving
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Just like a motor vehicle, a motorcycle, boat, and other vehicles must be registered at the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you purchase one of these other Connecticut vehicles from a dealership, the dealer will register it for you. However, if you bought it from a private seller, then you will complete this action on your own.

Motorcycle Registration

To register a motorcycle, follow these steps:

  • Provide VIN verification
  • Complete Form H-31, Bill of Sale
  • Complete Form H-13B, Application for Certificate of Title/Registration
  • Motorcycle license
  • Motorcycle title and registration (no title is necessary if older than 20 years)
  • Pay registration, administration, and tax fees

Snowmobiles and ATV Registration

The Connecticut DMV will register a snowmobile or ATVs for up to two years. To register a snowmobile or ATV, you must provide these documents at the DMV:

  • Bill of Sale
  • Completed Application for Snowmobile or All-Terrain Vehicle Registration
  • Certificate of origin
  • Fees

Trailer Registration

Any trailer that is used for boats, snowmobiles, or personal use must be registered. During registration, provide:

  • Bill of Sale
  • Certificate of origin
  • Completed Form H-13B, Application for Registration and Certificate of Title

Motorhomes and RV Registrations

To register your motor home or recreational vehicle at the Connecticut DMV, submit these documents:

  • Completed H-13B Form
  • Certificate of Title and registration (for used vehicles)
  • Bill of Sale
  • Insurance card
  • Proof of identification
  • Fees

Registration Fees in Connecticut

  • Motorcycle: $42 for 2 years
  • Boat: varies according to size
  • Snowmobile: $20 for two years
  • Trailer: $19 for two years