Oklahoma Title Replacement: A Duplicate OK Car Title Guide

Reading Time: 2 minutes

The Oklahoma title replacement process is a quick-and-easy job when you have everything ready.

Why would you need one? Well, your OK title may have been damaged or mutilated beyond legibility. Or, perhaps it was stolen or maybe you simply can’t find it.

Either way, you’ll want to get the title in order if you ever plan to transfer ownership. The title comes in handy when you need to complete many other transactions when at the DMV, too! So, protect this document the best you can when you get around to getting a duplicate.

Below, you’ll learn…

How to Replace or Get a Duplicate Oklahoma Title

Oklahoma requires you replace a car title if lost, damaged, or stolen. You can replace your title in-person at a local Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Division (Tax Commission) tag office. Or, you can submit your duplicate title application by mail if you choose to avoid a trip to the DMV.

You’ll need to file the Application for Duplicate Title (701-7).

You will pay the following to replace or get a duplicate of your Oklahoma title:

  • Replacement fee: $11
  • Mailing fee: $1.50 (if applicable)

Other items you may need:

  • Driver’s license or ID card
  • License plate number
  • Vehicle’s VIN, make, model, and year
  • Vehicle’s registration proof of ownership
  • Any lien details and power of attorney (if applicable)

While these items aren’t entirely necessary, you may want to have them on-hand in case you need to process other items at the DMV. These documents also prove handy if you’re making corrections.

Replacing/Duplicates In-Person

Replacing a title in-person requires you to:

  1. Locate your local OK DMV
  2. Show proof of ID
  3. Submit your form
  4. Pay the application fee

Your Oklahoma title replacement request is processed on location.

Replacing/Duplicates by Mail

You will gather the 701-7 duplicate title form, make a check for the Oklahoma Tax Commission, and send these documents to your closest location. Be sure to include the $1.50 extra mailing fee. You should receive your new documents in about a week’s time (sometimes more).

Making Corrections or Updating Your Information

Need to update information or make corrections on your OK vehicle title? Those wanting to add or remove a name can submit the Form 701-6, notarized or done so at a tag agency, along with information and payment for its fees.

Changing your address because you moved requires the 701-7 duplicate title form. You’ll fill in the section covering the “No longer a resident…”, submit, and pay the fees.

You can also use this time to complete items like transferring a title, too! We recommend trying to fit as much as you can in during your trip to make your time at the DMV easy and frustration-free.